Do you find that you hide your smile because you have imperfect teeth? Are you self-conscious when you look in the mirror due to the appearance of your teeth and gums? Over the course of time, you may notice cosmetic issues with your teeth that can range from stains, chips, cracks, and more. Fortunately, Orange County patients can undergo cosmetic dentistry treatments to improve the appearance of the smile. Many patients describe a feeling of renewed confidence after reinventing their smiles with a smile design procedure.
Appeal of Smile Design
If you are unhappy or embarrassed by your teeth, you may smile with your mouth closed or cover your mouth with your hand when you smile or laugh. When you have an attractive smile, it will increase your confidence and overall quality of life. When it comes to designing your perfect smile, there are both artistic and scientific principles that guide cosmetic dentists during the treatment process. This is why it is essential that you find a cosmetic dentist who is trained in creating custom smiles for each patient.
Who Is a Candidate for Smile Design?
Patients who are interested in improving the appearance of the teeth and gums should consider the following:
- Do you have crooked teeth?
- Are there any gaps in your teeth?
- Do you have any missing teeth?
- What do you like about your smile?
- What don’t you like about your smile?
This list will help you discover exactly what you want to achieve with your smile makeover. It is a good idea to write down all of your wants and needs for your smile in order to convey them to your cosmetic dentist. After a thorough examination of your mouth, and discussing your personal goals, a dentist can develop a customized treatment plan to create your ideal smile.
Smile Design Procedures
There are a number of cosmetic and restorative dentistry treatments that can be performed to enhance the appearance of your smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are custom-created shells that are placed over the surface of the tooth to fix issues such as chips, gaps, or discoloration.
- Bonding: Bonding will fix issues such as broken, chipped, or decayed teeth.
- Enamel Shaping: This is a procedure that will remove a small amount of enamel from the tooth in order to give it the shape and size that is desired; this treatment is often performed prior to the application of porcelain veneers or composite resin.
- Implants: Dental implants can be placed to replace the root of missing teeth, providing a permanent, unmovable anchor for restorations.
Learn More about Smile Design
When it comes to achieving your perfect smile, it is important to choose a cosmetic dentist who is skilled in smile design techniques. The methods that are used are customized to your unique situation, which means that you will receive superior results. To learn more about your smile design options, schedule a consultation with Dr. Dao Kim Pham-Nguyen.